Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dream comes true …

Dream comes true …


This blog is not related to any tournament stats or any upcoming matches or talking about any teams or for anyone else. Finally I got something to write about myself.


Cricket is what I breathe and eat on weekends. Amount of energy and time I spend on weekend from almost last two years has fetched me this achievement.
I started playing cricket in Bay area in April 2008. My debut was against Catalysters, which is considered to be one of the top most team in our TCA chapter. Due to someone pulling out at last moment got a chance to play the match. I was amazed to see the organized way people play cricket in US, especially website, uniforms, etc. This was my first experience to play in any professional league. Before this I used to play cricket in the colony that too mostly under arm and box cricket and occasionally play over arm in college by bunking lectures.
I am very passionate about cricket and have always given my best to play and make everyone play the game. I considered myself as bowler who can bat. I have grown up seeing Sachin, Pointing, Lara, Bevan, Jonty, Akram, Waqar, Walsh, Amborse, Srinath, Lee and Akhtar. In TCA, SE11 gave me new opportunity to become batsman as they had lot many bowlers. I think I have done so far good as a batsman too (Just crossed 500+ runs) and due to which got permanent spot in the team. I knew I could bowl better than I could bat. Practice and Practice helped me to start bowling on regular basis. Soon I was considered regularly to ball during the matches.


From last couple of months, I had a feeling I could achieve one of my dream (in cricket obviously) i.e. to get hat-rick. I almost got to hat-rick may be 6-7 times in last few months but was unlucky not to get hold of it.
Finally I got my First professional hat-rick in League 2010 against Chak de and Bhola XI. Interesting right, how come two matches I got a hat-rick.
In Match 1 vs Chak de, I got last two wickets of Chak de to wrap up their innings.
First victim was Deepak, leg cutter and thick edge to the keeper Amol.
Second Victim was Pradipmaya was clean bowled through his gates, knocking the off stumps off the ground.
In Match 2 vs Bhola XI, I got wicket on very 1st ball of my spell.
Third Victim was Sanket, inside edge-bowled and leg stump was off the base.
No one in my team had idea that I was on hat-rick expect me because I did not want people to be over caution and think too much about it.


Practice, Penitence and true passion of cricket have helped me to achieve my dreams. This is my story and my dream. If you have our own story or dream to share please do that because this moments of joy are very rare in your lifetime. Moreover, I believe "People follow stories which they have heard, but it’s important what stories they tell the world to follow them."


I am proud to say dream come true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cSz2PEck1I by S club 7


Everyday people are achieving milestone, creating history and achieving very different things. Few milestone and interesting things achieved by our fellow TCA cricketers are:
1. Chintan (Bhola XI) achieved milestone of 1000+ runs in TCA history.
2. Pavan Teja (Chargers) scored 99 runs in a match. Highest runs by individual in TCA. He was so nervous on 99 that he end up getting out on the lolly full toss, which in normal situation could have put it outside the park w/o any effort.
3. Geen and Nimesh (Titans XI) ran 5 runs in single ball, w/o hitting any boundary.


What are you hungry for? Ask your Heart not your Stomach :) that will help you achieve your Dreamz.


Keep Smiling Always
Dharme
Bhavnavho ko samjo ... Grammar mein mat uljo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog